RAD READING – March

This month I read a book called WAY OF THE WARRIOR KID III by Jocko Willink. I have not finished reading this book yet I am currently on pg. 49. The book is mainly about this kid called Marc and he has two friends that help throw out his life. Nathan one of Marc’s friends met at this school camp during the summer and Nathan was a bully to Marc. Then one day Marc stepped up to him to confront him then now Nathan shows respect for Marc and they became friends. Marc’s other friend Kenny on the first day of middle school and he was also a bully to Marc. The same thing that happens with Nathan happens with Kenny Marc stood up to him then they became friends. Now that they were friends they trained Jui jitsu together. Nathan was Marc’s probably best friend didn’t have a bike like Marc so he wanted one so Marc built a bike with Nathan for him. And now they are mowing lawns trying to earn some money at Marc meticulous mowing. I like this book because I like to see Marc meet a lot of friends and push through the hard times. I also liked this book because his uncle come often and teaches him how to be a warrior kid and the advice that he gives to Marc can be used in daily life as a human. My favorite character is Marc a character trait to explain this is discipline. A quote to explain this is “I am still staying on the path and living the Warrior Kid code. I studied hard in school all year long and got all “A’s” on my report card. I still exercise almost every day. I eat healthy and barely ever eat junk food.” This means that Marc practices and studies hard in school. My favorite quote from the book is “I want to train ju jitsu more…” this quote is meaningful to me because it show that he has a passion for ju jitsu and wants to train more so he can get better.