“RAD READING – December”

This month I read NEW KiD by JERRY CRAFT. The main character in this book is Jordan banks. Jordans dream is to go to art school but he faces some problems like his parents don’t have enough money to go to private school. So Jordan’s tries thinking positive about what he has so he tries makes new friends at his school. Then he meets this new person who was in one of his classes. He later asked for his name and it is Andy. I like this book because it takes us on Jordan’s journey with him to try to go to art school. And as he makes new friends and gets smarter. My favorite character in the book is Jordan banks. I like Jordan banks because I like to see him play sports and make new friends. I also like to see his academic growth throughout the book. One quote that I liked in the book was “ We didn’t even come close to winning. In fact, we lost 11-1! But my goal was the first one that a fifths team had scored in seven years! And it was the only one that we would score all season.” I liked this quote because he believed in him self and knew that he could do it. He put his mind to it and when he did he scored.